Rock City Life


=============================================


==============================================

==============================================

Monday 6 May 2013

Those who mind don't matter.....just conquer the world with both hands! OWN the Runway!

I had been quite in a bad mood lately. I let negative comments got into me. I hardly slept at night as the voice in my head, "that negative voice" kept on repeating over and over. I let it sunk inside me until I believed that it could be true. That went on for  3 days, and it isn't right! How could someone else tell you that you are not worthy otherwise? How could you make yourself believe that "you are not good enough"? What makes them special and give them rights to make you feel inferior? No one should. Our imperfections are what make us PERFECT.

I went through my weekends with a heavy baggage inside me. In my heart, I know I have done what more than what I was asked for as a Producer of the project film we were working on. I went out of my way to produce things that are necessary for the film to operate smoothly within those 2 nights of shooting, just like the rest of the people in my crew. I am not a type of person that counts whatever it is that I do, but it got me questioned myself, "So what I have done does not mean anything to them?" "So the filming just happened because they are good with camera, recording sounds, etc?" "So the chair that's been used just happened to rock up there, the food they ate, the transportation of the equipment including the Director's and the Camera Man's lift, the casting and the rental for the car used for the film, paid with my own money!...... So it just so happened that those aren't counted as a Producer's task??! I have been told that I have an easy job because all I did was write things down. I think it has been forgotten that "paperwork" is also part of my job, not the lightings, not the sounds, not directing. I was there to perform my duties.

But I guess, at the end of the day, some people will always watch you, criticize you. I say, take those criticisms honey and put it to your advantage. It is okay to dwell with it but analyze it, learn from it, prove them wrong and it should make you THINK.. rather than just ACCEPTING it. That is not you. That is what they want you to believe you are. Always believe and know your worth, your VALUE. In any industry, in every company, school and colleges, there will always be some people who will tell you otherwise. They will make you feel inferior, point out your wrongs instead of theirs and some people would walk all over you because they see you are kind, soft-hearted human being. They see an opportunity but you shouldn't let them. It is true, criticisms are healthy. We need that! That is what would make us STRONGER. That is what would make us TOUGHER and ofcourse, next time it should make us WISER in all aspects.

Of who do we surround ourselves with?
...does it challenge us to do better?
...who is fake and who isn't?
...what do we learn from that incident?
Those are the few questions we need to ask ourselves to move forward. And remember, we should focus on what supposed to do instead of minding the negative comments MADE by other people because we went there with a purpose....and not to please everybody. I emphasized the word "made" because that shouldn't make us. Just be YOU. Do your thing and conquer the world with your both hands. Own it! Life is too short to worry about other people who do not believe in your capability. You just have to believe in YOU. Show them what you are made of and embrace those people who believe and look up on you. Like the famous saying goes,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for droppping by. Leave a comment here :)









My Music Playlist



chicalocababychicalocababychicalocababychicalocababychicalocababychicalocababychicalocababychicalocababy

chicalocababychicalocababychicalocababychicalocababychicalocababychicalocababychicalocababychicalocababy